So here’s an option for folks who can’t be at the Southern California Genealogical Society’s Jamboree and DNA Day this year.
There’s a livestream of many of the sessions. It is free but you will have to register before hand to be able to view the sessions.
The Friday, June 3, sessions to be livestreamed are:
• 1-2 p.m. PDT: James M. Beidler presenting German Immigrant Waves: Contrasts and Sources
• 2:30-3:30 p.m. PDT: Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, CGL, presenting Problems and Pitfalls of a “Reasonably Shallow” Search
• 4-5 p.m. EDT: Paula Stuart-Warren, CG, FMGS, FUGA, presenting Tracking Migrations and More: The Records of Old Settlers Organizations
• 5:30-6:30 p.m. PDT: George Goodloe Morgan presenting Principles of Effective Evidence Analysis
The Saturday, June 4, sessions to be livestreamed are:
• 8:30-9:30 a.m. PDT: Lisa A. Alzo, MFA, presenting Getting Started with Eastern European Research
• 10-11 a.m. PDT: Cyndi Ingle, presenting Be Your Own Digital Archivist: Preserve Your Research
• 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. PDT: C. Fritz Juengling, PhD, AG, presenting German Names: Their Origins, Meanings, and Distribution
• 2-3 p.m. PDT: J. H. Fonkert, CG, presenting Using Military Pension Files to Fill Gaps in Family History
• 3:30-4:30 p.m. PDT: Thomas Wright Jones, PhD, CG, CGL, FASG, FUGA, FNGS, presenting Maximizing Your Use of Evidence
• 5-6 p.m. PDT: Michael D. Lacopo, DVM, presenting German Genealogy on the Internet: Beyond the Basics
The Sunday, June 5, sessions to be livestreamed are:
• 8:30-9:30 a.m. PDT: Peggy Clements Lauritzen, AG, presenting The Firelands, the Connecticut Western Reserve and the Ohio Territory
• 10-11 a.m. PDT: Tessa Ann Keough, presenting Avoiding Shiny Penny Syndrome with Your Genealogy
• 12:30-1:30 p.m. PDT: Barbara M. Randall, presenting All Aboard: Staying on Track with Your Research
• 2-3 p.m. PDT: Debbie Mieszala, CG, presenting U. S. Passport Applications
And you still have to register in advance for the free livestream for the Friday-Sunday, June 3-5, 2016 SCGS Jamboree.