.

.

Thursday, June 6, 2019

I revisited my AncestryDNA test 3 years later and found some surprising changes to my results

I first took Ancestry's DNA test three years ago, and found out that my family history was more complex than I initially thought. In September 2018, Ancestry updated its ethnicity estimates. As part of the update, my results got a lot more specific. In the updated results, I found out that I'm much more Norwegian than I initially thought. It's been about three years since I first sent my spit over to Ancestry to see what the company could tell me about my heritage. 

Since 2015, I've been sending my spit in to companies such as 23andMe and AncestryDNA to find out what I can learn from my genes.

But the journey didn't end when I got my initial reports back. Since then, the tests have been updated, adding new reports in 23andMe's case and new features in Ancestry's case.

Most recently in September 2018, Ancestry did a major update to its ethnicity estimates for its $99 test. Curious to find out how my new results would compare with the ones I got before, I logged back on to the site.

Here's what I found.

To read more of this article hit here